8.2 C
Los Angeles
Sunday, April 14, 2024

Acute Effects of Ketamine: Autopsy Report Says Matthew Perry died of ‘acute effects of ketamine’

EntertainmentAcute Effects of Ketamine: Autopsy Report Says Matthew Perry died of ‘acute effects of ketamine’

Acute Effects of Ketamine: People close to Perry told investigators that he was undergoing ketamine infusion therapy. An experimental treatment used to treat depression and anxiety.

Matthew Perry died from the acute effects of the anaesthetic ketamine. According to the results of an autopsy on the 54-year-old Friends actor released Friday.

But the medical examiner said the levels of ketamine in Perry’s body were in the range used for general anaesthesia during surgery. And that his last treatment over a week earlier wouldn’t explain those levels. The drug is typically metabolised in a matter of hours.

The amount of ketamine detected “would be enough to make him lose consciousness and lose his posture. And his ability to keep himself above the water”, medical toxicologist Andrew Stolbach, who reviewed the autopsy report, told The Associated Press.

Jennifer Aniston says loss of Friends co-star Matthew Perry ‘has cut deep’
Matthew Perry’s Friends co-stars Jennifer Aniston, David Schwimmer and Lisa Kudrow have now paid their own personal tributes to the late actor on social media.

He said that using sedative drugs in a pool or hot tub, especially when they’re alone, is extremely risky and, sadly, Here it’s fatal, noting that ketamine can be used safely.

Post-mortem blood tests showed high levels of ketamine in Perry’s system, which could have raised his blood pressure and heart rate and dulled his impulse to breathe.

The report said Perry’s coronary artery disease and use of buprenorphine. Which is used to treat opioid use disorder, could have also contributed.

According to the autopsy report

According to the autopsy report – It would have been risky to mix the central nervous system depressant with ketamine due to the additive respiratory effects when present with high levels of ketamine.

The report said coronary artery disease would have made Perry more susceptible to the drugs’ effects.

Perry was declared dead after being found unresponsive at his home in the Pacific Palisades area of Los Angeles. Investigators performed an autopsy the following day.

According to the report: The actor, who played Chandler Bing on Friends from 1994 to 2004. Had taken drugs in the past but had been reportedly clean for 19 months.

Assistant said Perry hadn’t shown evidence of recent drug use
Perry had played pickleball earlier in the day, the report said, and his assistant, who lives with him. Found him face down in the hot tub section of his pool after returning from errands.

Analysis: Chandler Bing was an underdog but often a voice of reason
College roommate, secret lover, best friend, proud duck owner — Chandler Bing was a well-loved Friend, and one that gave us many laughs over the course of 10 seasons of the hit sitcom.

A black and white photo of Matthew Perry and Jennifer Aniston smiling at each other during a script reading session.
Read more
The assistant told investigators Perry had not been sick, had not made any health complaints. And had not shown evidence of recent alcohol or drug use.

Perry was open about his struggles with addiction dating back to his time on Friends in the 1990s.

He wrote that he loved everything about the show but he was struggling with my addictions which only added to my sense of shame in his 2022 memoir.

He had a secret and no-one could know.

Perry’s co-stars — Jennifer Aniston, David Schwimmer, Lisa Kudrow, Courteney Cox and Matt LeBlanc — released a joint statement two days after his death. And the five reportedly attended a private funeral in Los Angeles in November.

Main points:

  • Matthew Perry was found dead in the pool of his Los Angeles home in October
  • An autopsy has found he died from the effects of ketamine, while drowning was a secondary factor
  • His death at the age of 54 has been deemed an accident
  • The Los Angeles County Department of Medical Examiner said Perry also drowned in “the heated end of his pool” in which he was found. But that it was a secondary factor in his October 28 death, deemed an accident.

See Also :

Source

Check out our other content

Check out other tags:

Most Popular Articles